Friday 7 December 2018

Is Louis Vuitton Going Cat Crazy?



As I was strolling through Selfridges - as any Millennial casually does - I couldn't help but notice that Louis Vuitton has appeared to have turned into that crazy lady who lives a few doors down who owns one too many cats. They have gone cat crazy!

The cats featuring on their famous monogrammed designs are down to the Louis Vuitton X Grace Coddington collection which launched on November 2nd. Grace is a fashion editor and self-professed animal lover - hence the inspiration for this collection.


IMG_5220

I can't help but fall in love with the cat designs - as a cat owner myself I find myself wanting every piece of this collection. Although something quite different for Louis Vuitton, I really love the playfulness of this collection and how lighthearted it is. The designs themselves are as usual, ever so chic, but with a playful twist featuring the mischievous illustrated cats sprawled across the designs.

IMG_5218IMG_5217IMG_5216

The popup at Selfridges is very, very Louis. Monogramming or "Catogramming" was everywhere - it was if we were transported into a Louis Vuitton world.
The staff manning the popup were wearing Louis Vuitton pyjamas - all with the cat designs on them - which once again seemed playful and relaxed, a world away from what we traditionally think of a designer popup being like.

IMG_5213

Compared to the Gucci popup at Selfridges which I wrote about on here the other week, I much preferred this popup. I felt the products were displayed in a way which encouraged you to touch and feel and interact with. They were displayed at different heights and all around the room rather than just on one cabinet.

IMG_5212IMG_5211IMG_5219
SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig