Sunday 6 November 2016

My Style: Grey Duster | Why I Get Uninspired and How I Get Out of it


          I'm a very determined person. I know what I want out of life and roughly how to get there. I'm a pretty focused person and understand that if I work hard I'll be able to achieve what I want. Nonetheless, this doesn't mean that I do not go through stages of being uninspired. Recently I've found myself in that stage. I haven't been motivated with my blog, fashion, my a-levels or maintaining a positive mindset - this needs to change.
          I find that when I'm on half-term from school I tend to reach the stage of "uninspired-ness". I like having a routine and feeling like there's a purpose to each day. I like knowing that I have work to do and prefer to have a jammed packed day instead of spending it in bed watching re-runs of friends and eating myself 5 stone heavier.
          I've also realised that sometimes certain people can come into your life and completely change your outlook and perception. As hard as it may be you shouldn't let the actions or influences of other people to alter your motivation and determination. You need to find it within yourself - even if you have to look in the mirror and remind yourself where you are and where you want to end up, just do it!
          Sometimes it's hard. You see the world go past and continue whilst you sit in this funk where you can't be bothered to do anything. A more serious outlook on this could mean it as a gateway to mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety. Although I have never suffered from depression and have managed to get over my anxiety, I'll never underestimate the power it has over your mood and its influence over your lack of motivation.

Here, I've got some tips which I find useful:
- Get a routine and plan your days
- Find a hobby which make you happy/ helps to inspire you
- Read (for me it was other fashion blogs) to see what everyone else is finding inspirational
- Get out the house, even for a walk and fresh air, don't spend all day cooped up
- Talk to someone - a parent, a friend etc. they might be able to help you
- Remind yourself what you want out of life, who you want to be and what you want to achieve
- Try to have positive thoughts, these will reflect outwards




       
SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig