Saturday 28 December 2019

My No-Buy Year 2020


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDsKzapdgw&feature=youtu.be

You may or may not have watched the video above, but in summary 2020 is going to be my no-buy year. Yes. You heard it here first. The year of not spending is upon me, and these are the rules I'm going to follow throughout the whole of 2020.

1. I am not allowed to buy new clothes unless I'm replacing something which was worn out
 - I can buy from the charity shops if I find something I actually need
 - I can buy my uniform allowance at work

2. I am not allowed to buy new makeup/skincare until I go through something. If I had no moisturiser left or no foundation then I am allowing myself to repurchase.

3. I am planning on doing my bedroom in the early months of 2020, so I can make of list of what I want to get for my room and that is all. Once my room is done, no more homewear

4. Money can go towards experiences/ nights out but NOT new outfits for these occasions - that seems to be my downfall

5. I am allowed to buy presents for birthdays/occasions

6.  If i have a gift card or money for my birthday/ Christmas I am allowed to spend that

7. My planned holiday to Florida is an exception. I will allow myself to buy a small, considered selection of makeup/ Disney merchandise. But nothing over the top.

8. I am to make a note of what I do buy on my desk calendar. Whether its a £3 coffee whilst out with mum or topping up my oystercard for university travel, I want to be more aware of where my money goes.

You may be asking yourself why I am choosing to do this and why now? I have touched on this in my video but in summary I want to have more to my name than £6.40 in my account the week before payday. I want to put money into my Lifetime ISA to eventually go towards a house. I want to have savings. I want to be in more control, I'm an impulsive shopper and it needs to stop. I want to understand my own personal style through what I already own and I want to be more responsible with my money and only buy when I need something - because that wanting feeling for more more more, never truly goes away.

Time to kick the bad habits in 2020.
SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig