Sunday 6 September 2015

Alexander McQueen Resort 2016


          My art teacher once told me something which I think will stick with me for a very long time: "Art isn't meant to be beautiful, it's meant to stir an emotion..to make you really feel something." 
          This exact quote is what came to mind when I visited the Alexander McQueen Exhibition in London back in June. Never have I felt the way I did then just by looking at clothes. But that's the thing... to McQueen they weren't just clothes on a rack; they were his artwork. 
          He loved what I like to call Romantic Gothism - a combination between the soft beautiful things we associate with romance paired with the deep, dark things we associate with Gothism. The exhibition named "Savage Beauty" was the best oxymoron that could have been used which fit the entire collection of his works. 
          It's quite a comforting idea that regardless of McQueen's death in 2010, the same concept and ideas are still being portrayed through the clothing - just as if McQueen was still here.
          The Resort 2016 collection has particularly caught my eye. The detail's on the pieces are so intricate, and the use of different materials really makes the clothes multidimensional to look at. Traditional McQueen colours were used (darks) with hints of blush pinks and beautiful floral embroidery.

























SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig