Thursday 19 November 2015

Balenciaga Spring 2016 Ready-to-Wear

See the rest of the collection here.
 
     Okay, so we know that the fashion world is always one season ahead. But when I saw that "Spring" collections had released I couldn't believe it! This year has gone so quickly. Balenciaga has some of my favourite bag designs, so I was intrigued to see their clothing collection. I must say I was taken aback when I saw these designs. They are VERY different and offer something I haven't really seen before.
     The fabric throughout the collection is beautiful. I love the incorporation of silk in the designs - it has a very "lingerie" feel to it. The various shades of ivory are stunning. It's great to see something so simplistic in an industry aimed at being bold and lively.
     Nicole Phelps "Alexander Wang’s three-year stint at Balenciaga is over. He went out dancing, snapping selfies and twirling down the runway. His swan song was the freest of any of the collections he did for the house, and the most tender. All in shades of ivory. All paraded softly out on lace slippers. All in soft, natural fabrics like linen, cotton, and voile with gentle, furling edges. It looked effortless, where the ones that preceded it felt effortful. "
     I love the way the fabric falls on the models. The chunky sheer lace compliments the pieces well, adding to the underwear feel which I stated earlier. As a "Ready-to-Wear" collection, I wonder how each of these pieces would be styled. Although, I'm sure that there's someone out there bold enough to take on the designs.
 
 










SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig