Monday 24 October 2016

Why I Struggle with Personal Style

       
          There's no denying that in today's society there is an abundance of inspiration around us. From the roads we walk down to the photos and videos that appear on our phone screens everyday. From what I understand, personal style is what defines YOU. You decide how to dress every morning, it makes you unique and puts out into the world what kind of person you are.
           But, what if you don't know your personal style? Does that mean you don't know what kind of person you are? Don't get me wrong, I know many people have this problem, and for me, being a fashion blogger only seems to make it harder. I find there are so many areas of fashion and ways of presenting yourself I can't find just one that defines me.
          Some people are cool. they find unique pieces and style them in a fresh and exciting way. Some people are girly girls, they dress in cute outfits and appear sweet and put together. Other people dress urban/ grunge, they wear a lot of black, things embellished with studs and look bad-ass. If you can see where I'm going with this, as there are many more other varieties of style... I'm struggling to define my own.
          Some days I want to dress girly and be cute. Others I want to look cool and hipster, something fresh off the streets in London. I also love traditional dress with Burberry inspired trench coats (I'm on a budget here people) with tartan scarves and crisp black shoes.
          As I want to take a piece from each category I find it extremely hard to shop for myself. I'm extremely wallet conscious and will not buy a new item of clothing unless I can wear it with at least 2-3 other things in my wardrobe. I get stuck in a rut and end up buying the same old.
          I need to try to figure a way to get past my old habits. I need to start buying things on a whim and out of my comfort zone. I should get something because I like it and not think about what I'm going to wear it with untilI get home. I need to accept that maybe my personal style can't be defined and therefore, neither can I...




SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig