Friday 7 December 2018

A Millennial Explores Her Personal Brand



In our lecture today we looked at personal branding and our own identity. In terms of the marketing world branding can make or break a person/product. That's why it was essential for us to look at how were marketing ourselves in the industry for the prospect of work and how we convey ourselves to other people. We need to be identifiable.


Sonia Rykiel - Red Hair
Michele Lamy - Nails in Ink
Leigh Bowery - Crazy Performance
Ditta Von Tesse - Classic Glamour
Vivienne Westwood - Rebel

All of these people have their own personal brand which makes them easy to identify. They're iconic, them or their products can be noticed without a label telling you it was made by them. This is what we were tasked with today. It means reflecting on yourself and what you stand for and represent, as well as how you want other people to perceive you.

USE 2 copy

I'm a British girl through and through. My dad is from South East London and my mum is from a town in Cornwall called Looe. I love mugs of tea, whining about the weather and queuing. One of my favourite TV shows is the Great British Bakeoff and I have a particularly dry and sarcastic sense of humour. You get the picture - I'm not exotic in any way, shape or form.

Taking these things into consideration, I need to see how I can translate them into my own personal branding. We often look at branding when its comes to companies but not so much ourselves. I know I care a lot about social and environmental issues, I'm very opinionated and value loyalty. These are the traits I want to convey in my personal brand.


USE copy

I know I want to be presented in a clean and sophisticated way. I want my blog and my personal brand to be plain and nothing too over the top. I change my style a lot and want to be able to do that without it clashing with how other people perceive me. However I do also want an edge... witty, sarcastic and humorous. Therefore I can have the best of both worlds, presenting myself as sleek and professional, but also with an edge which makes me relatable.

Image Ref: https://www.vo-plus.com/culture/62goodbye-sonia-rykiel
SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig