Wednesday 19 December 2018

The Importance of Not Over-Buying Fashion


I've had this top in my wardrobe for over a year now and have not yet worn it out. All it sees is the inside of my wardrobe and has never enjoyed the outdoors. I don't really know why I haven't worn it - I bought it in the Zara sale and thought it was a bargain. It's my style and it pretty comfortable...

This is one of the biggest issues in the fashion industry. We are all fuelled by over-consumption, to keep buying and buying even when we don't need to. This creates an astronomical demand for more garments, many of them are poor quality and manufactured in the worst conditions. So, why do we do it? Why do we continue to spend when we don't need to.

I am 1000% guilty of this. I must admit I don't always buy full price, I love to slap a student discount on top or wait until the sales, but I think this is half of my problem.



I tend to buy things because they have a discount, not because I truly want or need them. There are some essential pieces I could really do with in my wardrobe - I just can't bring myself to buy them. Yet as soon as there is a sale on, my basket seems to be full of items I really do not need. Anyone else like this?



We all need to be a little more conscious of what we are buying and why we are buying it. Going forward, I'm not going to buy items unless it's what I really need. If it happens to go into the Christmas sales - GREAT even better!

It's no secret that our planet is suffering due to our over consumption of pretty much everything. We can all make small changed which will help lessen the damage we cause. What are you going to do to improve your footprint on the environment...and you wallet!




Top: Zara
Leggings: Miss Selfridge
Bag: Dorothy Perkins


SHARE:
© Phoebe Moon
Blogger Designs by pipdig